- Men is unfaithful to their wives
- Wives is unfaithful to their husbands
· Parents unfaithful to God.
2. 2 Timothy 3: 13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.[ii]
3. Isaiah 11: 5And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
4. Psalms 36: 5Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
5. Lamentations 3: 23They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
6. Hebrews 10: 23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
7. I Corinthians 1: 8Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
8. 1 Peter 4: 19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
9. 1 Thessalonians 5: 23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
10. 2 Thessalonians 3: 3But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.
11. Philippians 1; 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
Immanuel was slain,
And sinner who are washed therein
Are cleansed from every stain,
Are cleansed from every stain.
That fountain in his day;
And there have I, as vile as he,
Washed all my sins away,
Washed all my sins away.
Shall never lose its power
Till all the ransomed Church of God
Be saved to sin no more,
Be saved to sin no more.
Thy flowing wounds supply, Redeeming love has been my theme
And shall be till I die,
And shall be till I die.
Lies silent in the grave,
Then in a nobler, sweeter song
I’ll sing thy power to save.
- · Means literally to pour out, and pictures a lavish outpouring to the point of overflowing. In other words, God’s love is not rationed out drop by drop but is like a mighty endless current!
- The pouring out in vs 5 however not of the Holy Spirit but of God's holy love.
- The pouring out of divine love