I finished this post following the service today in church!
The time now is 7:00 p.m. and I am reflecting on today at church.
- What was the experience like attending this local church?
- What kind of experience were we expecting when we attend a local church?
- When we leave the service, and we are walking out of the auditorium, how do we expect to think, and believe about what we just have experienced?
- Was our spirit satisfied?
- Was our soul lifted up in the love of Christ as Saviour?
- Was our knowledge of Christ in His Word increased by the preaching of the Word?
- Was our love for Christ magnified by the worship in song and teaching of the Word?
- Was the fellowship with other believers enjoyable and loving and filled our hearts with joy?
- It is now eight hours since we left the church service, is there any effect left for our experience of the service?
- Do we look forward to returning next week?