Tuesday, June 17, 2008

OLD BOOKS AND BIBLES AND STUDY

















PAUL SAID, "Bring me my books!"

The photo are some of my oldest books and they are as listed:

  1. Scripture Natural History - J.G. Woods's Bible Animals 1877 Gift By Majorie Keaton

  2. The Life and Epistles of St Paul - W.J. Conybeare, J.S. Howson 1870 Gift Allen Barnhart

  3. Dictionary of Religious and Denominations - Hannah Adams 1817

  4. The Story of the Bible - Charles Foster 1877

  5. The Reference Passage Bible New Testament - I.N. Jones 1915

  6. Past, Present, and Future - James E. White - 1909

  7. The New Indexed Bible - John Dickson - 1949

  8. SERMONS BY CHARLES H. SPURGEON – THIRD SERIES - 1859 (orginial)


SOME OF THE BIBLES I HAVE WHICH I USE REGULAR

  • The New Analytical Bible - Dickson Bible, (used in Seminary, 1966, 1972

  • Thompson Chain Bible -My Dad's Bible when he lived in Ashboro, N.C. , 1930's

  • The MacArthur Study Bible - The latest Bible in my library - 2007 Gift by my Kids.

  • The Hebrew - Greek Key Study Bible - Spiros Zodhiates - 1988

BIBLES I USED IN STUDY FOR SERMONS AND BIBLE AND THEOLOGY STUDIES


  • The New Testament Study Bible - The Complete Biblical Library - Study Bible, Greek-English Dictionary, Hebrew - English Dictionary- Interlinear, Textual Apparatus, verse by verse commentary, various versions, and translations of Greek Words - used since 1986

  • Greek by Gresham Machen - 16 volumes

  • 26 Translations of the Bible 1983 - two volumes

  • The Reference Passage Bible NT with OT references

  • YES, I HAVE THE HOLY BIBLE KING JAMES VERSION 1611 EDITION (1990)

  • The NT in four versions - KJ, RS, Phillips, and NEB one volume

  • THE CHRONOLOGICAL BIBLE - Edited by Edward Reese, 1978 Prof. Hyles Anderson

SPURGEON SAID, AND I TOTALLY AGREE:


  • "I believe that there is no mistake whatever in the original Holy Scriptures from beginning to end. There may be, and there are, mistakes of translation; for translators are not inspired; but even the historical facts are correct."

THE STUDY OF THESE BIBLES TO PREACH AND TEACH.


  • There are some fundamentalist who say, "We use and read and study only from the KJV bible." To them I say, great. They must have special abilities from the Lord to be able to do that. Praise the Lord for those folks. These men will say, "The message today is totally from the Holy Spirit." Again that is wonderful.

  • In my forty-five years of teaching and preaching, and some five thousands times doing just that, I have being afraid to speak for God from the Word without studying. The Holy Spirit leads, directs, confirms, empowers, but doesn't give me revelation, maybe inspiration.

  • Like my Dad, after forty years of preaching, and study, he could preach without notes and from his stored up knowledge, could preach or teach on the spot.

  • Cecil Nunnenkamp, a member of our church in FBC, Altoona, Kansas, said, "Pastor Charles has enough stored up study that he could go without study for several months."

  • When you preach from the text, verse by verse, and you want to learn what that text is saying. If you want to stay fresh week after week, you will study.

  • If you want to talk about what you believe and think about the Bible, it really don't take a lot of study. But if you desire to know what God is staying, you will need to study.

I personally don't believe its spiritual to say, "I just read the KJV and preach as the Holy Spirit leads." "The Lord spoke to be last night (Saturday) and gave me this sermon." I have heard that all my life, and I believed them as a child. But when I became a man, and a preacher, I realized that was childish

READ THE BIBLE, STUDY THE BIBLE, ITS OKAY TO STUDY OTHERS WHO BELIEVE THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD.



Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...