Monday, February 25, 2008



PAULINE GREENE WHISNANT AND EVERETTE THOMAS WHISNANT
.
My mother will be 86 the Lord's willing in April 08
Dad would be 105, but he died in 1966
Mom and Dad were married for 22 years.
You as a child view life from a child's mind.
As I view my parents in those seventeen years, they were parents that I loved.
How I view my Dad and Mom is a view point that I have.
I believed they were nearly perfect.
But having children, can cause you as parents not to be so perfect.
.
Dad from the time I was born until he died was pastoring churches. He preached all the time, we went to fellowship meetings all the time, he was always personally involved with people in the church and outside the church. He loved preachers, even preachers who were abused by other churches. He was loved by so many. People in the church loved him.
I believed that all preachers were just like Dad, which they all should be. But few are.
Dad has a story before I was ever born, since he was 44 when I was born. That story is for another day.
But I knew my Dad as the most wonderful husband, father to us, preacher, and friend.
Dad died after several heart attacks in 1966.
.
Mom was playing the piano, organ, guitar, xylophone, etc. Mom was a great mother, she was a stay at home mother, i.e. she had the house always perfect. She had three meals a day for us. Also, she was the most wonderful Bible teacher for children ever. When I preached from the Bible I can envision in my mind those flannelgraph Bible stories. I still can hear Mom playing the piano.
She loved Dad; she helped him all the time.
Mom helped me spell "Indians."
But I must admit we drove Mom nearly crazy at times.
When Dad died in 1966, Mom was 42 years old and never had a public job while married. But in the next 42 years she has done remarkablly well. She chose not to remarry, breaking several men's hearts.
She now lives with my sister Ellen and while her health is not so good, she is still sharp in her mind and loves us all very much.
.
And most of all the Loved the Lord Jesus Christ.
.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...