I love to read books, but so many of the books are now on the web. And the best articles are graciously put on some wonderful web sites like The Highway, A Puritansmind, and CRTA.
My very best study was on the Doctrines of Grace. From Monergism.com there were over 255 articles on
- Total Inability/Total Depravity
- Unconditional Election
- Particular Redemption/Definte Atonement
- Irresistable Grace
- Perseverance of the Saints
Just How Deep Did Adam's Race Fall?
- We cannot know God's purposes in His Grace unless we know how far we have fallen. It is essential to know the Scriptural truth about our deadness, helplessness and rebellion if weare to understand how and why He saves us.
- Our study showed that scriptures affirm authoritatively that nothing can reverse the human condition save the crucifixing of God in our nature. The cure reveals the seriousness of the "disease." Man is not fit to judge and diagnose his own case. Left to his reasoning, man will fail to assess his condition. Without an accurate diagnosis, men will settle for an ineffective cure.
- By nature man believes that there is something he can do to recover himself. Grace is not grace unless it is sovereign and free.
- God has used the "bulldozer" of His Law to remove any possibility of human merit from the face of the planet.
- The message is clear of man's moral inability is actually conducive to a sense of urgency in seeking God.
- And one's view of man's depravity is inseparable from one's view of God's grace.
A dear lady said to me this morning, "Its important that we do good, if we are going to get to heaven." We get to heaven on our merit of goodness? We are then most damned! So there is a need to learn what Scriptures speaks to this subject of Salvation.
Be sure to read and study the articles on "What Does It Mean to Be Born Again?"