Are you tired of churches trying so hard to "entertain the lost" in their worship services that they’re forgetting to "feed the sheep?" Are you tired of churches whose agendas and traditions trump the Word of God?
Maybe you’re looking for a church that is striving to be what God told us to be, and that is “The Church of the Living God, the Pillar and Ground of the Truth" (1 Timothy 3:15). If the latter describes you, then this Baptist Church might just be what you’re looking for!
"Wherever we see the Word of God purely preached and heard, there a church of God exists, even if it swarms with many faults."- John Calvin
- The Bible is inerrant and infallible: "All Scripture is breathed out by God" 2 Timothy 3:16 That is the Bible is true 100%. God can be known! Truth can be known.
- The Bible is the guide for all faith and practice. "and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
- God has called each Christian to share the Bible and God's teachings (evangelize) "God therefore and made disciples....Matthew 28:19-20. Every Christian is called to share with others the Gospel with others.
- Jesus Christ is God in human flesh. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
- All people are eternally lost; salvation is by faith alone, by Jesus Christ alone, by God's grace alone. Ephesians 2:8-9
- The glory of God is the motive of the church ministry. I Corinthians 10:31
HERE IS A PRACTICAL APPLICATION TO WHAT I BELIEVE WOULD BE A BIBICAL CHURCH'S DESIRE. A focus on people.
When God speaks through song, sermon or prayer we want us to stop……and pray, repent and seek reconciliation to God and others. We want people sitting and praying with one another after a service or crying together in joy or pain to be a standard picture of how much we care for one another. We want to pray for the sick, doubting, confused, depressed or tired. We desperately need to provide avenues for people to partake of the graces of God, not just hear about them. People hear about the compassion of Jesus every week, but how many experience it through the ministry of the local church? People hear that God longs to connect to them and teach them but how many hear from God through godly counsel? It is our job as a local church to see this happen and to build a team of experienced, caring people to care for the family of God.
I believe this kind of desire for a church fellowship would cause members to share the gospel with others and invite them to come to their church.