Thursday, February 21, 2008


.
FEBRUARY 20, 1966 EVERETTE T. WHISNANT, MY DAD DIED AT 62.

^

I wish I could put a picture of my dad on this blog. Maybe when I can get the right equipment I can. Forty-two years ago in Roanoke, Virgiana dad died of several heart attacks. He was the pastor of the same church in Roanoke since 1950. Orange Ave, Williamsroad, Victory, then Roanoke Baptist Temple. Plus he was pastoring several others churches that was out in other areas. .

.

Later I will write more about dad, I need to get some of the facts. Ellen is helping me do this to Ellen is working on Dad's and Momministry background.

.


My brother Don e mail me tonight to affirm the date dad died. This led me to the google search. I end on the Raymond Whisnant'S Whisnant Surname Center. The search was on again. I had done this last year.

.

This time I was looking for information about dad. His dad Lloyd Polycarp Whisnant, and mom Minnie Caroline Abernethy, our grandparents. Dad had two brothers, William Murphy Whisnant who passed away, and Uncle Joe E. Whisnant, who is living in Maryville, TN, and a sister Nellie Whisnant who passed away in 1997, she was 88.

.

Nellie had a daughter June. I wanted to track her down, as it were. So I search the web. Scarry that you can do that. I was able to find her married name and found the phone number and called her. Well I had never talked to her, ever, she is 82 years old. Isn't that sad. She and her husband live in TN. In our talk she said she had visited Joe Whisnant, this week.

.

So I hung up and found Uncle Joe number and called him. Uncle Joe is 82 years old but sounds like he is 50. We had a very nice visit on the phone. He and Jean have five children. Dwight, Lewis, Linda, Carol and Glen. Whom I haven't seen in forty years. Isn't that sad. When we were young kids we had come good times at the Whisnant / Abernethy dinners. Charity and I did visit Uncle Joe in Maryville, years ago. Goodness, that is really sad. But Uncle Joe keeps up with us by sending us his yearly Christmas Cards. I still remember th Christmas gifts he sent when we were babies.

.

There are good number of Whisnant's in this country, and the sad reality I don't see or know only a hand full of them. Thanks to Raymond, we are able to at least keep up with them by his web site.

.

I would love to link up with them via the Web or E mail. It would be nice to have a web site with email's, web sites, blogs, address, of the Whisnant's family.

.

Hope you and your family are doing well. If any of the Whisnant's would like to give me their e mail I would love to write you a note.

.

The picture of dad years before he died. I am not sure how old he was!

.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...