Tuesday, February 17, 2009

NETWORKING WITH FRIENDS, FAMILY, FOLLOWERS, FOLKS.













CONNECTING PEOPLE TO THE CHURCH, CHRIST, AND US.


While it is true you are being connected with us through the Internet, via the social/church networking as it is called, the purpose is two-fold at least.


ONE: It is great to have this almost instant communication with people literally all over the world in seconds. And now you can talk live with each other. Just amazing, isn't it?



TWO: You can have one 150 letter statement (Twitter) updated anytime you desire.





THREE: If you so desire you can have a group of FaceBook "friends" read what you want which
  1. Gives me valuable connection to people from my past.

  2. Exposes a different audience to my blog posts (through Facebook Notes) and my tweets (through Facebook status updates Is more personal.)

  3. Gives me a connection with people.

FOUR: Then there is Blogger:





  1. Gives me an outlet for writing. Writing gives me energy and renews my passion. Blogging gives me that outlet.

  2. Is a great journaling tool. I'm not a journal guy -- but I see and appreciate the value in journaling. I can look back at a few years of blogging and re-live some of my journey along the way.

  3. Is easy to archive. Pretty much anything I've ever blogged is easy to find and retrieve. All 910 posts, or articles.

  4. Helps me stay connected to the thoughts of my friends, my staff, my leaders, and my mentors. I get a glimpse into their hearts and minds when I read what they've been blogging.

FIVE: THE INBOX - E MAIL Electronic mail,
  • Quick. Today you can just about do anything in an email. Photo. Audio and Video.

  • I like this method the best in that I can send one email to one person or a dozen.
WHAT IS YOUR HABIT OF COMMUNICATION WITH PEOPLE:

Maybe there are yet some who comunicate over the Phone, Cell Phone, Letters via USPO. And I haven't even touched the real world of communication.



THEN THERE IS THE CHURCH CONNECTION:


  • The Cloud Network is a web-based tool for churches who want to do ministry online. Churches are able to upload mp3’s, post events, create social networks, send emails to people or groups in their church, manage their music, stream audio, podcast, blog, post job classifieds, gather additional visitors using our online network and other valuable options.
  • I was amazed at the number of networks that have the church connection. Your church family can be connected over the Internet with easy access. If they all had the High Speed Internent that would be wonderful.

I remember back in 1966 when working in Danville, VA, as a Youth Director and working in the church office, I would send out post cards each week to over 100 people in the church. Communication has changed over the last 40 years, wouldn't you say.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...