Monday, June 07, 2010

You Couldn't Be Blessed More Than Us

As you can see in my office study its wall to wall binders and books. Since the age of the computer I have a a great time reading. I read and download the articles I read. Goodness. I will have to go into that habit I have. If only I could remember all that I read, and understand all of it I would be smart. Of course all the material cover topics like theology, bible doctrine, sermons, Christian living. All you see in the room at the office, was at one time was in our house. We do have an empty house it seems. I am always looking for sales at stores on three ring binders.
I love teaching, always have. From those early years in Roanoke Virginia, where my Dad was the pastor, Roanoke Baptist Temple. Back in 1963-66 I was the teacher of the Youth Class. I remember teaching Revelation, and Psalms. I still have notes from those classes. I preached a lot for Dad who was sick the last year before he died in 1966. I preached in a few churches as a youth evangelist. Myself, and Don and Al Myers would go to different places and preach you youth meetings.

I have taken notes ever since those days. I do that a lot. I have almost as many binders as books now. I would take notes at Pastors fellowship meetings that Dad would take us to.
Since July 2008 I have had the joy of preaching/teaching at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio. Let me see, 1 Thessalonians chapter one. Romans chapter one and two, and Philippians chapter one and two, and in Proverbs in Bible class the first twelve classes. And then a year in Genesis 1 thru three.
Charity has for the last six years worked at Union lMills in West Portsmouth Ohio. Debbie and her have really worked in having one of the best bakeries in Ohio. Well at least in Scioto County.

Charity has been a secretary over the years, and she is very good. Five years she was the secretary at Ashland Ave Baptist Church in Lexington KY. And she has been my proof reader the last few years. And you know that I need one.
I believe Charity and Becky are best friends.
Eric and Abby are having fun in the pool. They were moving into a new home and took some time to relax with family.
A nice family time in the pool.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...