Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dealing with False Security of Salvation

PAUL IN ROMANS 2 IS DEALING WITH PEOPLE WHO HAD A FALSE CONCEPTION OF THEIR BELIEF THEY WERE IN FAVOR WITH GOD.

If anyone believed they were going to heaven the Jews believed they were. So how can you know if you are really going to Heaven? Well, the Jews certainly had the favor of God as a nation. They certainly had the Law of God. What the Jews didn't have is the belief in God.

Too many people believe they don't have to really believe in what God is saying to be saved. They have a head knowledge of Christ but do not have a heart felt belief that Christ is Lord of their life. So they go on doing what ever they desire to do, and believe that God want punish them.

Sunday June 06, 2010 I spoke on this subject. One verse at a time.

I might add, I spoke from Romans at the First Baptist Church in Altoona, Kansas back in 1989. The truth is still the same in 2010 at the Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio.

As a footnote: In 1988 I was in the process of understanding the method of preaching and teaching the Bible. I have often stated that I learned from John MacArthur, Jr. I am a little embarrassed even to say that, because John is such a wonderful teacher of the word.

I too often say, "I believe John is using my notes." When the fact is I used John's notes while teaching Romans. But to be sure I have been able to continue to learn to understand the Scripture. Understanding the text has not come easy for me, but the search and study has been the joy of my week.











Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...