Wednesday, June 09, 2010

HOW DOES GOOGLE SEARCH WORK ANYWAY



"Caffeine lets us index web pages on an enormous scale. In fact, every second Caffeine processes hundreds of thousands of pages in parallel. If this were a pile of paper it would grow three miles taller every second. Caffeine takes up nearly 100 million gigabytes of storage in one database and adds new information at a rate of hundreds of thousands of gigabytes per day. You would need 625,000 of the largest iPods to store that much information; if these were stacked end-to-end they would go for more than 40 miles."

Now as I was reading this information this morning, I was thinking how good it would be to be able to process every problem, every question, every inquiry that we have about life and put in into the data base of the Bible.

For example, as I taught on Global Warming this last Sunday, the question or inquiry I had earlier in the study, "Does God's Word have any thing to say about the environment?" I mean should we have to repent for "green sins," are we "green sinners."

Is there a Bible Index Google Engine?

Its easy to say, that the Bible contains in its pages the answer to all our inquiries about life. I often say, "we don't need a psychologist we have the Apostles Paul and Peter, and Farmer Job." We don't need books on marriage we have the book of Ephesians.

BIBLE SEARCH ENGINE. Of course there are many resourceful books like the Strong's and Vine's and the Dickson's Bible, and the Thompson Chain Reference Bible.

But there was a question that came up on the Blog this morning, a group of preachers in the south were asking the question. "Should a fellow pastor take down a picture of Robert E. Lee that is hanging in his office?" Bible Google that, if you please.

I was reading yesterday a company has produced a software that has all of Charles Spurgeon's sermons on the disk. But not only his sermons, but also his books and papers. Then they have a search database that has made it possible to find any quote Spurgeon has made on a given subject. I wonder what he thought on getting along with other Christian preachers who don't believe just exactly like you do?

I often ask myself, I wonder what John MacArthur, Jr. thinks about this issue? Or maybe I would ask John Calvin, or even some of my fellow pastors.

I have found that Google search engine does have the ability to find articles on the web that do pertain to any given subject. I wanted to find the web site which had the "THE GREEN BIBLE." And sure enough they took me right to the website, and then gave places to buy the book.

Today, thinking is almost an art of the past. Who has to really think a lot when you have the data on the web, and at your finger tips you have Google.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...