Friday, June 11, 2010

Rivers of Joy Baptist Church

Well, Charity is nice, she liked this photo of me, of course she is my wife of 40.11 years too.
Bill Bower uses a notebook for his music on Sunday and Wednesday

I like to use notes too. These notes in this photo are notes from my study of Proverbs back in 1989-91 at First Baptist Church in Altoona, Kansas. I am using them again in 2009-10 at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio.

I am sure events and time and place has a lot to do with reasons why we change jobs. Some pastors are able to stay in the same church for 40 to 50 years and have fruitful ministries.

I have enjoyed teaching and preaching at Rivers of Joy over the last two years. And really hope I can continue for a few more years. I have never just like to be a pastor for the sake of being a pastor. Just to have a place to preach and teach. Of course you want to be productive in your work and see the Lord use you in the ministry. But I can tell you the joy of preaching is certainly the greatest joy you can have as a preacher.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...