Bill and Linda, Jimmy and Lois, Johnny and Phylis, Charles and Charity, Danny and Frankie, John and Peggy, Richard, Bob, Richard, Dorothy, Rose, Stephanie, Magan, Mandy, Zack, Pauline. (Janet was at the hospital with Bill, and Bill and Mary were sick at home. Good singing, Johnny did a great job singing. The message tonight was on The Reason Evolutions Was Brought About.
Evolution was invented to made the case that God was not God.
- You either believe Genesis or you don't. You either believe the Genesis account that God created the heavens and the earth, · or you believe they somehow evolved out of random chance.
We have two options.
- Either we evolved out of the slime and can be explained only in a materialistic sense, meaning that we are made of nothing but the material,
- or we have been created by God and made in His image in a heavenly pattern. And the debate is not just biological, that's what I'm trying to say, it's not just biological, it's moral and it's spiritual.
The debate gets to questions
- About man's dignity,
- About man's nature in the image of the heavenly pattern,
- The image of God.
It asks questions about
- The issue of control, who is sovereign in the universe, who is in control.
- Is there a universal judge? Is there a universal moral law? Is there a lawgiver?
- Are to people to live according to God's standard?
- Will there be a final assessment of how men and women live?
- Is there a final judgment?"