Monday, March 09, 2009

FINANCIAL BONDAGE IS BONDAGE OF MIND AND FREEDOM



The reason that MOST people are in financial bondage isn’t because we don’t have enough…but rather because we lack the discipline to manage what God has blessed us with!

As many have said, and as I have said,
Preachers shouldn't be so
concerned about people giving the 10 percent
but to be concerned about the 90 percent that people are not discipline with.

I grew up where I never knew the stress of money. I didn't have any. I never knew the financial status of our family. Dad didn't reveal his bank account to us. He never expressed to us what was the current amount of money he had in his pocket at any giving time. I don't know what that did to my mindset, but money was never an issue with me. Didn't have any. Well, not much.

I have been to many seminars on money over the years. As long as I had a steady income, I was okay. But when money was not the primary concern.

I have never worked to store up a big bank account or a big saving account. I have never taken a church for a big paycheck. This must go back to the mind set I developed as a youth. I would take a church without so much concern about what they could pay me. I should have taken some counsel on this issue.

While we have had new homes, new cars, new furniture, and stuff, they were great of course. But the primary mindset was not on making money. But it would have been nice to have made some, and as Charity has always said, "Charles, if you can pay cash for it, buy it." That is a well thought out plan.


While we have ran in to some difficult over the years, and had to be bailout a few times, we have arrived in 2009 90% debt free. (if you don't count the bailouts).


STRESS FREE LIVING IS LIVING DEBT FREE AND HAVING EMPLOYMENT.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...