Wednesday, March 04, 2009

QUESTION I ASK MYSELF PART FIVE



Six Questions I Try To Keep In Front Of Me -
This series based on 2 Timothy 2:15
I am trying to ask myself six questions based on this verse…

part five

#1 - Am I giving God my absolute best?

#2 - Am I More Concerned About God Or Others? Scripture is very clear,

“Do your best to give present yourself to God…

#3 - Does God Approve?
“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved…”

#4 - Am I Being slothful?
“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, A WORKMAN…”

#5 - Is There Anything I Am Ashamed Of?

…who does not need to be ashamed…”


#6 - Am I Handling God’s Word Correctly?

“…and who correctly handles the word of truth.”

I take teaching and preaching the Word of God seriously–VERY seriously…every teacher should.

One of the scariest days of my life was one day when I was reading through the book of James and really began to concentrate on JAMES 3:1-12

BAM…something hit me that day that I had never seen. I had always used this text to speak to others about the things they say and the way they say them…you know, we’ve all used this text to talk to others about the dangers of mispeaking.

BUT James 3:1 absolutely caught my attention that morning…and I believe in this text that James was specifically speaking to people who preach and teach God’s Word…and how we should take seriously what we say.

We are told straight out that teachers will be judged more seriously (gulp)…and then further instructed to guard the things we teach about and reminded of the influence that we have as teachers (that, once again, we will be held accountable for!)


Maybe it’s just me…but that morning I read through this text I had to do a serious gut check to make sure that I am handling God’s Word in a way that honors Him!


You know, that I know that the Lord is viewing my work that He has given me in this ministry of His. I am handling His Word, giving it out to His people.

Wednesday Bible Study is coming, Sunday Is coming, and I can’t wait to teach His Word.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...