Thursday, November 29, 2007

A PESON WHO WAS A MEMBER OF OUR CHURCH IN 1972 at Madison Baptist Church, was at a funeral I attended this week. He said, "Pastor Charles, we had 16 on the church bus last night. We have two revivals a year, and a number of people are "saved". Can you tell me why many of them never come to church? It seems those who say they want to be saved never come to church or live like they are saved."



This man, who has been serving the Lord now since 1972 and is still in the bus ministry. Amazing. He is still in the same church I pastored over thirty years ago. He still wants to see people saved.



WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO MAKE A PROFESSION OF FAITH IN A REVIVAL OR IN AN INVITATION IN A CHURCH SERVICE REALLY NOT A CHRITIAN?
^
Is this more common than we would like to believe? Not all those who we believe have been saved. We all want to believe all those who say they want to be saved and they quote a prayer or read a verse in the Bible, or attend a revival, or hear us preach are really saved. But we are sad to say, few are saved!

This makes me concern myself as a preacher! How many times have I been a part of this process. I believed as long as I could present the Roman Road to someone, and they responded to the verses and prayed a prayer they would be saved.

From 1963-1980 when I was teaching and preaching this was my belief. I sometimes wonder about those who I believed were saved and were not really saved.

Can a person be saved by the Roman Road? Very much so, that is how a person is saved. Can a person be saved if they truly believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour, and that they are a sinner, and need to be forgiven? YES.

Having seen my friend from Madison Baptist this week, and after 35 years, you know by his life and testimony that he has been saved. How do you know that?

The question is: WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEW BIRTH? That is, what happens to a person when they are truly born again, have been truly saved, and they become a Christian?

I will address this issue next:




Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...