Sunday, December 02, 2007


HOW YOU SEE IT WILL DEPEND UPON WHO YOU ARE, AND AND WHAT YOU BELIEVE, AND WHO YOU FOLLOW.
part one
^
I lost my position at my church, and it was how leadership was looking at what I was doing and what others were thinking.
-
Its a matter of perception of how they view what they were seeing, and hearing and what they were thinking.

I have taken Biblical Counseling in my master program, and I have taken several courses on "HOW TO UNDERSTAND PEOPLE" OR "HOW TO GET ALONG WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE." I didn't take a test on how well I learned how to do that, I must say.

I need the Tammy Moore's program on how to deal with personality within a business or setting of people. Boy, do I need that. She has offered to give me some help.

I need to buy the book: Everyday Mind Reading: Understanding What Other People Think and Feel by William Ickes, a psychologist who examines "empathic accuracy"--the mind's potential to intuit what other people are thinking and feeling.

He give an illustration of a person who wanted to sell his photos. This man was told that his photos had to appeal to all three groups: the seeing people, the feeling people, and the hearing people.

People have different ways of communicating their experiences - some express themselves in pictures, others talk about how things sound to them, and others speak about how things feel.
-
What people think about an unjust event:
-
Toward a better understanding of the phenomenology of experiences of injustice. This is an article about the cognitive processes which are elicited by the perception of an unjust event, or for that matter, any event that occurs in our life or that we see on TV, or in real life, be they just or unjust.


In reading my last e-mail, I was just amazed how I am perceived by some people and how one or two comments can change a person’s thinking about you altogether. I have never really bought into the policy that you need to act a certain way in order to get people to believe what you say (even if it’s not necessarily true!) Though I have wondered how people judge you for how you make a statement versus the substance.

HOW PEOPLE PROCESS IN THEIR MINDS

I wonder how people process in their minds how they are going to view an event.
For example:
  • How they see the GOP presidential debate this week with Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani and Mike Huckabee, who are the others?
  • THE BILL MOYER’S JOURNAL - THE MIDDLE EAST PEACE

This morning at 3 a.m. I was watching Bill Moyer’s Journal. Lobbies’ Role in the Middle East Peace. And a panel had the following to say about U.S. policy toward Israel and the Palestinians

Three questions were asked

  • What policy should the U.S. adopt towards Israel and the Palestinians?
  • To what extent do you think lobbies like the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) and Christians United For Israel (CUFI) influence government policy in the Middle East?
  • How do candidates’ relationships with these lobbies and positions regarding Israel and the Palestinians affect your voting decisions?
  • Footnote:
    Christians United for Israel is a national Christian grassroots movement focused on one issue: supporting Israel. Although we are less than two years old, we are spreading like a wildfire and are changing the nature of support for Israel in America. YOU can part of this national Christian grassroots movement. YOU can make a difference for Israel.
  • Both movements have two different view points on Israel and the Palestinians. And both have different views how the United States should be involved in the peace talks.

Both of these groups have an opinion as how they view what the U.S.A is doing about the Middle East. On Monday I will post part two.

POINT:

  • How you process in your mind what you believe about what you are hearing, or seeing, could be the truth or not the truth. On the public arena or in the church, people are judging on what they see and hear, comments you make, or actions you take, and they may be right or wrong how they process that in their minds.

-

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...