- First, in my email to some friends and family I posted a ChristianityToday description of the movie American Gangster. One person responded and said it was offensive and any caring parent would not take their children to see a R rated movie. Then suggested that I mention another movie that parents should not let their childen see.
- Another e mailed me and said "Do you really believe that parents will be tempted to take their children to see this film?" And several other good comments that should be address in another post.
- HERE is my quesitons: Do Christians go to R rated movies, or buy R rated CD DVD, etc. or watch them on TV? You are kidding right! Of course they do.
- You might in your rightesousness say, "They are not Christians." That would be quite judgemental.
- For most of my ministry up to 1982 felt it was my position to tell people not to go to a movie of any kind. While I do not go to a movie I do watch movies on TV.
- Nevertheless the issue is Christians, saved believers, do go and their children, sons and daughters will go with them or without them, or without their permission.
- Thisweekend American Gangster made $46 million. No Christian person went to the movie! Sorry about that. Denzel Washingon was recently mention as the # one Christian in Hollywood. Okay what is your definition of a "Christian?"