About Me

My photo

I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008.  I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969.  I have four grown children.   Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio

The Philippian Kind of Church

It is church life like this [Philippians 2:16-30] that really conquers the world, as it did the ancient world. Men and women saw something in the Christian society that they had never seen anywhere else.”

D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, The Life of Joy and Peace (Grand Rapids, 1989), page 225.


I have loved preaching or teaching from Philippians over the last year. If we could become the kind of church body that Paul speaks of here in Philippians we would have the kind of church Paul had.