Monday, March 01, 2010

THE LORD IS PATIENCE WITH US WHEN WE ARE NOT

How could you not be glad with just a wonderful granddaughter

You don't want to say everything on Facebook or any other social network, of course. But there are some who like to know what we are doing from time to time. Personally I have a personal interest in my friends and family. I enjoy knowing how I might be of better service and how to pray better.


We live in a society of those who are not really interested in others, only themselves. To those we would hope the Lord will call them unto salvation.


Our home was broken into last week, and they took a lot of things, but they are things. A little shaken but we are find.


On another note, while I am sad about our personal experience, and lost, I will confess by joy out weight my sadness in other matters.


In every church I have been the pastor, what is so amazing, those who were responsible for me coming to the church, have over time decided to leave the church. Experience over the last 40 years have proven this out. Every time a pastor comes and a pastor goes, you aways have people to leave and come.


Those who say they would never leave the church no matter what, usually are the first ones to leave. From my first church I was the pastor in 1971, to second in 1980 and then in 1997 and 2001 and now in 2010. You are usually shaken and discouraged and believe you have failed in your effort and that you have failed the Lord. You believe the Lord's work is hurt and recovering is going to be hard to accomplished.


In every church that I have been the pastor, the church body was in disarray before I ever got there. I really don't know why the Lord challenges me with these churches.


And I go into the leadership positing with the idea that I might be able to pull out the church from disarray. And there is a group that is willing to work with you and see change, and then there is the other group that believes they don't need change.


What I have learned over time, those who really love the Lord and love the church and want to see the church grow and are willing to follow our leadership, the church does grow. On the other hand when those who will fight you on every decision you are making and changes you make, the church is in disarray and the spirit of the Lord is broken and the church can not grow.


Then in time you realized that the Lord was in the midst's and that He is watching over things, since the Church is His to began with, and in time He will correct the problem if we stay faithful and the people will follow the leadership of the Lord.


What I am most joyful about today is how our people have responded to disruption and change in our church. I am not one who will paint a good picture if there is not one. What I have learned that if the Lord is going to bless a church, then we need to trust Him in the process.


Today I gleam from the past, that the LORD is working in our midst, trust Him when you are discouraged, trust the Lord that He is guiding you, and what I have found He knows and we trust Him for the outcome.
I know you are thinking, okay what is going on. After Sunday, I can say, everything is going to be just fine at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church.





Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...