Monday, January 28, 2008








SHOULD YOU MARK IN YOUR BIBLE
and
BLANK SHEETS IN YOUR BIBLE FOR NOTES

Should you mark in your Bible? You are asking me? I have marked in my bible for fifty years. I was surprise to read over at Experiencing Reformation: "Building A Blank Bible" He is makeing a blank Bible for his dad. Goodness. Over at Thinkichristian.net "Writing In Your Bible." This idea of writing in your Bible, or having a Bible where there are blank pages. Also over ESV.org/blog had this project of the blank Bible. They are at least sixty years late.

http://edwards.yale.edu/pdfs/gal.pdf has Jonathan Edwards sermon on "The Blank Bible".

My dad had a loose leaf Bible, by Riverside Book & Bible House over fifty years ago, you could have a blank page or pages wherever you wanted. I had one myself with hundreds of extra pages with my sermon notes. I have a three ring Bible. You can put a complete sermon anytime in this Bible.

Highlighting markers is a normal part of reading, underlining verses is normal. In some of my Bibles, there is not a page that has not been marked up with notes.


The Bible is God’s word and it is meant to be used, pencil, pen, markers, should be used to high light a text. Its not sinful to put notes in your bible, its better than a flower to press.

Of course if you have a MacArthur, Jr Study Bible, the notes of verses are already on the page.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...