Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Marking Your Bible

2014-02-05 14-21-49.8442014-02-05 15-16-44.362

A Bible back in 1962 or a book. If I read it I would mark it up.

Back in my early years as a youth teacher and a very young person I had this KJV Scofield Bible. And I read the bible from cover to cover, and also the notes because I wanted to learn the what the Bible was teaching.

 By father was Everette T. Whisnant, and he was the best man and Dad I knew, and he was a great preacher too.  He was always asked to the be evening speaker at Fellowship Meetings we went to. Which meant that we had to stay longer then some of the rest. But I found out that few preachers left when they knew dad was going to preach.Everette Whisnant 1

But my Dad died in February the 20th day of 1966.  The worst day of my life.  But he did leave me with the love of God, my family, and the desire to be just like my Dad, and preach. And also how to treat my wife.  I have tried to treat Charity as good as Dad treated Mom, Pauline Greene Whisnant, they were married for 22 years.

 I always get off subject of the post. Which was how I marked up my bible.  Marking a books or the bible was so that I could remember what I read, and if I re read the book I could note the important points.  I have discovered I can not read a book without writing on the pages and marking up the book.  Love doing that.

 Of course I also like putting notes, outlines, papers in side the Bible as well. 

 

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...