Wednesday, April 01, 2009

THE SOUL WINNER'S TOOLBOX EXPLAINED BIBLICALLY


Having attended Hyles-Anderson, in 1980 and following the Sword of the Lord for a number of years in the 60-80's, you get an unbiblical distorted view of the method of how someone comes to Christ in the matter of salvation.

You know the 10,000 baptisms in one year? Seeing on a Sunday 140 kids being dunked in the water. Usually their first Sunday in church, they were "saved" and baptized all in one Sunday. And some were dunked five times in one year.

I have a hard time seeing this method as biblical.

The "Just As I Am", song at the end of a service, "pleading for someone to be saved" method, really is usually so out of the realm of biblical salvation.

The "Go Soul Winning" methods usually are so poorly explained.

"I led 10 people to Christ this afternoon statement" is so out of the text of Scripture.
"We need to see 100 people saved this year in our church." Really? While I would love to see Christ bring unto Himself many, I have no clue how many He will save in a given year.

And the method whereby we count the number of persons that we think have been saved, is so distorted. Really. Yep.

I wish and pray and preach and teach toward the idea that I would like to see people saved. I would like to see Christ bring hundreds to Himself in our church in a year. That would be the greatest desire that I would have.

So what is our responsibility in this matter of seeing a person "get" saved? That is an interesting statement? "Getting one saved." "I need to get someone saved today?" "I am going out and be a soul winner." While I have said those things before. Got to get out on Thursday Night and go Soul Winning. How fun is that?

I am on vacation at my sis's house and I will address this issue next time, or when I get home.

MOM IS DOING OKAY, SHE IS AT THIS TABLE THREE TIMES A DAY.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...