Friday, November 02, 2007

THE CHRISTIAN INTERNET POSTING

The Internet has exploded as a world wide easy access means of communication crossing every border, nationality, culture, race and religion.

As you know, the Internet is an impersonal library of knowledge and information. For some it is fast and easy way to send email to friends. Most people will read the e mail rather than clicking on to a web site, I must say. They don't have to remember the web site name.

Today in the Christian web you can now find live stream video of preachers preaching, and now you can find clips of other interesting talks. I have yet to do this. I still have a 98 Window for heaven sakes. I must update before the year is out. Our I might be out. I can do better on the AOL e mail.

Every group or individual who wants a platform, a soap box, a place to be heard can find an audience for the small price of a modem and a monthly connection fee via local ISP. Thank goodness at this time Blogger is free. But the AOL is still 24.95. I am still on dial up, so I need a phone line, which cost another 35.00 per month. I know. This year I need to go to that other speed. Give me time to up date my Gateway .

While I never started out to be a voice for Christian news, I am still not a voice for Christian news. But its a good place for communication of the Christian faith. This includes evangelism, apologetics, edification of Christians, comfort, prayer, teaching, encouragement and instruction. Its also a place to write about your own experiences in ministry.

Christian "ministry" on Internet can be as simple as making sermons, teaching, Bible studies, stud helps and reference material available in what are really public libraries. This requires little or no interaction with the readers and users, but it only the first step.

The Internet is a way also of letting your friends you have not died yet. Generally I have e mailed our friends that I have a blog. That might get some to view it. Then we interact by e mail over at AOL. This has been good.

Since I am having little success in preaching and teaching these days, I do most of my preaching and teaching on my blog. This has been a life savior.

A little of our own testimony about Christian ministry has been what we began this blog for in the first place. Well, its been a lot of what I started out doing, back in August of 2006.

I have written the reality of what its been like being in Christian Ministry for forty years. The truth of the matter, its not been all fun and games. Too many do not want you to know the reality of true ministry. Its hard on your wife and sons and daughter for sure.

But to make sure we started out just writting our thoughts about ministry. Then we have addressed some issues that we as Christians have. But note its the Word of God which does the work, not our fancy or even poor explanations and speech. As Hebrews 4:12-13 says, "the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And before him no creature is hidden, but all are open and laid bear to the eyes of him with whom we have to do."

And I would suggest to those who read these blogs from time to time:

"Have a little kindness, overlook if you will some of the poor writing, when Charity doesn't first proof read. Note I am not trying to change anyone. "

Charles

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...