Thursday, November 09, 2006

SO I HAVE DISCOVERED THE BLOG.... I LIKE TO THINK, THUS I BLOG
SHAI LINNE, TED HAGGARD, AND LORDSHIP SALVATION,
JOHN PIPER

Daily you can get up-to-the-moment opinions, comments, news and thoughts from a number of Christian bloggers. They are excellent sources of good information. At the moment of an event, or happening, there is a current blogger who will comment on the event.
Get a good cup of coffee, and you are ready to read and write.

On most of these blogs you can post a comment on the post’s subject. And the dialog that can occur in one post provides an excellent source of learning as well.
So if I want to know what John MacArthur thinks on an issue, I can learn that by going to Pulpit Magazine. And if I want to learn what others are thinking about what John MacArthur is thinking I can go to Pulpit Magazine. Blogspot. . If I want what the Christian community is saying about "Lordship Salvation" or "Fundamentalism" I can click on a site and learn. If I want a theologian’s opinion on a current cultural issue I can go to Al Mohler.

NOW WITH ALL THIS INFORMATION
As a pastor/teacher, my objective was always to teach. I enjoyed keeping the membership informed on the current issues of the time. Of course, I loved reading. Now I can read blogs, as well as books; but books usually are out of date on issues once the book is printed. What I would do with all this information if I were a pastor/teacher would be entertaining for sure.

WELL TODAY I AM NOT IN A PASTORAL/TEACHING POSITION

To a degree this could be an advantage, because I don’t have as many people to please. I can address any issue without worrying about losing members. Currently I am writing a journal of our ministry experiences. I can be honest as to what I believe were the events surrounding the ministry. Charity is saying, "Do you really want to say that?" And I will say, "Yes."

Certainly there are those men whose voice is much greater them mine, that is for sure.. There are those who write 100% better than I., but this blogging has been a personal endeavor. It’s been a personal journal that I have been willing to put on the Blogger.. I didn’t know at the time when I started that all you blog and post is on the www. That could be interesting. Just put in my name in the SEARCH-Goggle and you will find where I have commented on other weblogs. That is scary

"And its true "I may well be inconsequential in the scheme of things." But in the predetermined thought and plan of God, none of us are "beside the point" individuals." Charity said, "Who said this?" I said "me." She said, "I like ‘none of us are beside the point."

So what have I learned about Christian Hip Hopper (if that is possible) and "LORDSHIP SALVATION," and Ted Haggard?
The question
Should Bethlehem Baptist Church, John Piper pastor, have invited a Hip Hopper to sing in the worship service?
Should Ted Haggard of New Life Church, which he founded, agree to resign as pastor because of "sexually immoral conduct"?
The issue of salvation: is it "faith alone" and "repentance"?

What I discover by reading others keeps me in a balanced view of my own opinion. Next time let’s talk about these matters.

What would I say to our membership at First Baptist Church today?

Drafted by Charles E. Whisnant November 06, 2006 Checked by Charity 11/08
Posted 11/09/06

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...