Saturday, November 08, 2014

Is There Any Other Translation That is Reliable?

 

I am a Bible Believing Christian Preacher.KJV logo Ba[tost

The truth is the KJV Bible is reliable. Without question the KJV is very reliable to give us the word of God as God would want to communicate to us.  That is not even in question. 

I have preached and taught from the KJV for many years.  I have taught book by book, (Matthew” (250 sermons) Luke, John, Acts, Romans, I Corinthians, Ephesians, Philippians,  First Thessalonians, First Timothy, Hebrews, First Peter, Second Peter, First John, Jude and Revelation.) Chapter by chapter and verse by verse and word by word.

There are those who would say, that preaching is not teaching the Bible book by book and chapter by chapter. As a matter of fact they say that is not preaching.  Jack Hyles did not teach the Bible, he preached what he wanted the bible to say.  (I followed Hyles for many years.)

I would never want someone to throw away their KJV for another translation. But at the same time, I would not say they could not read from the NIV or the NKJV or the NASV.  They are still reading a reliable bible.

I am not afraid of the translations, as much as I am afraid of the false teaching about salvation and doctrine of sanctification and church government. 

Where I have a problem is saying that the KJV has been the only translation that has been preserved by God to be the only Word of God.

Where I draw the line is when men say that the KJV translated the Greek. I draw the line where they say that the KJV is the only translation that God has providentially appointed Word of God for the whole world.

Where I have drawn the line is to say that if I used any other translation I should not preach at all.

Where I have drawn the line is to think I could not use other words other than what is in the KJV.  That I could not quote another verse from another translation. That I could not change the words of the KJV.

Those who say I couldn’t change John 3:16 words from “whomsoever” to “whoever” I draw the line.

Those who say I should not say anything but: Romans 12:1 “I beseech you therefore” rather than saying “I exhort you, I appeal to you or I beg you” I draw the line.

I draw the line when some say that I cannot  study from theologian or someone who doesn’t use KJV or is not a Baptist I draw the line.

I draw the line when they say that I should only open I by KJV and only read and say what is in the bible, and don’t study a lot.

I draw the line when they say I need only the Sword of the Lord’s paper, oh sorry about that. I only need a dictionary and not a commentary or another helps.

I draw the line when they say I don’t need to study the Hebrew or Greek, I have the KJV?

 Below is a normal argument about the KJV as been the only translation that is from the hand of God.

Satan is the author of confusion, remember that. If Satan can't get you to deny the Scriptures, then he'll try to get you to doubt the Scriptures. If Satan can't get you to deny or doubt the Scriptures, then he'll try to confuse you concerning “which Bible” to use. The 1611 King James Bible is God's inspired, infallible, inerrant, impeccable and preserved Words of God. That's what it is! We have God's inspired Words in the English-speaking language, without error!

I fully realize that most King James Bibles published today are based upon the 1769 Oxford text (an edition of the 1611 version). The authorized 1611 King James Version has never been revised, only edited. The main purpose of the 1762 and 1769 editions was the standardization of spelling. This in no way altered the meaning or preservation or inspiration of the 1611 King James Bible. We can trust our King James Bible.

So when we Bible-loving, Christ-honoring, soulwinning, born-again Christians promote the 1611 King James Bible, it is with the understanding that those few typographical changes which have been made to our beloved Bible since 1611 have not changed the Bible. It is still the Authorized 1611 Version.

The widely accepted, Cambridge Edition, is not a different Bible from our beloved Authorized 1611 King James Version in it's inspiration, preservation or reliability. There is NOTHING wrong with the Authorized 1611 King James Bible. It contains no errors and only a Bible-corrupter would say otherwise. There have been several editions, but no revisions of the Authorized 1611 King James Bible. For a detailed analysis of the false claim of several revisions since 1611, please read Haven't there been several revisions of the King James Bible since 1611?

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/KJB/pure_1611.htm

If I were to quote any one about the KJV I would not quote Jack Hyles. but this website did.

Dr. Jack Hyles (1926-2001) believed that the King James Bible is inspired, as every Christian who loves Jesus Christ does. Pastor Hyles was a champion for the King James Bible and soulwinning. The following quote is taken from his book, The Need for an Every-Word Bible, page 54...

“I'm tired of colleges and universities advertising that they use the King James Bible. Tell the whole story! Tell everyone that you do not believe that it is inspired word for word.” —Dr. Jack Hyles

Dr. Jack Hyles (1926-2001) believed that the King James Bible is inspired. The following quote is taken from his book, The Need for an Every-Word Bible, page 54...

I'm tired of colleges and universities advertising that they use the King James Bible. Tell the whole story! Tell everyone that you do not believe that it is inspired word for word. —Dr. Jack Hyles

Jack Hyles problem was he didn’t live what he preached.  I was in the church and in the college. Jack Hyles did not preach the KJV as it is written, as a matter of fact he misread much of what he read.  His doctrine was wrong in salvation as well. I was there I heard him preach Sunday after Sunday

So what am I saying? I like the KJV and its very good.  To say that I can’t read another translation is just plain false.  God is sovereign and He is going to bring His elect to Himself not matter what translation you read.  To say it’s the only persevered translation and all others are perverted is just wrong.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...