Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Philippians 4:7 Applied to the Preacher

Sunday November 20 2011.
               

The Adult Bible Study Class was good. I taught from Proverbs 14:28.
The Worship Service was good, and taught from Romans 8:2 again.
The Worship Service Sunday Night was from Philippians 4:7

This was the first Sunday that I have taught that I knew I had cancer.  Even though I knew I had a very high Prostate count 30 since June I was never really concern per say.  But it was not until last week that the cancer was confirmed by Dr. Schmidt.  

Preaching in 1993 in First Baptist Church, Altoona, Kansas
Sunday night the message was from Philippians 4:7. I had taught on this back in 1993 when I was pastor teacher at First Baptist Church in Altoona, Kansas.  I believe the message had additional meaning to me this time.

Preaching to help your members grow in the Lord is the task before us, but when the text speaks to you that is a whole another matter.  And then we have to apply the principle and truth to ourselves. 

Charity and I have tried to seek the wisdom of the Lord in this matter.  So how do you do that?  Lord show us what we should do?  How does the Lord show us?

The Lord does not sent a Fax, that would be nice of course.  So how does God work?  The Bible does not show us what method to us in this matter. But I do believe God does work through providence.

We seek to understand what is best.  In this case we began by starting to change our diet of eating, since we had other issues.  And that is why Charity got me on green smoothies and a healthy diet of food

Well, the prostate was an issue, but we did not know how bad, we knew it was at 29 or 30 after three test over six months. We believed by the diet there would be a change, but there was no change. Yet I believe i am otherwise more healthy than before.


So how does providence work?  How does God direct us to do what is best?  
 

Can we say that all the events that have lead us over the last six months have been within the providence of God?

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...