OR WHAT I LIKE TO CALL TEACHING.
I looked up the term "preaching" from Microsoft Word dictionary.
- To give a talk on a religious or moral subject.
- To give advice on morality or behavior in an frustratingly, or infuriatingly, irritatingly tedious or overbearing way.
- To make an opinion or attitude known to others and urge others to share it.
I realize that there are so many brands of preachers and preaching. But I am talking to Baptist. I am a Baptist, and will always be a Baptist. Now that also has many different definitions. Here is my definition of a Baptist.
- The Word of God is blueprint of doing the Lord's Work in the Lord's Way.
- I define a Baptist as one who looks to the Word as the guide for policy and conduct and preachingh
Style of preaching is not found in the Bible. Well, I don't believe anyone preaching today, would have the style of Jesus, or Peter, or even Paul. They style should not be the point. I don't believe Jesus ever stood behind a pulpit. But that doesn't make it wrong either.
The style is not so important. Style without content is not good either. Preaching has been defined in a number of ways.
Biblical preaching will teach the Word of God. Preaching is giving forth the Word of God.