Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ellen and Stephen

I can't believe Stephen is now 20 years old.

My sister took her son back to Lynchburg, Va. to college this week. She is having way too much fun, I think, according to Facebook.

She stopped over in Danville, VA.

I could say a lot about Danville, Va. Our Dad had died in February 1966, and Mom and the family were asked to move to Danville, by Bob Barber, Jr. Mom was worked for Bob at the Baptist Tabernacle. I was going to Seminary in Arlington, Tx. And Ellen was a kid, let me see, 1958 to 1966 would be about 7 or 8 years old. Don was a Senior in High School. I believe we were all a little upset to be without our Dad.
I finished my first year at BBS and came back for the summer, and worked for Southhall Baptist Church. That was a real experience. While I loved working with the teens, and very successful for sure, so successful that the preacher didn't like it. Oh well, my life story for the next 20 years.
Don and I went back to Seminary in 1967 and had a good year. I really can't remember what happen next. I know I stayed in Fort Worth, Tx in a hotel in downtown, and worked for Mrs Baird Bread Bakery. And I visited the First Baptist Church in Fort Worth, that was a good expereince.
Those were years of learning and growing.
Let us skip over those years, and now we are in 2009. And life for us is so good. Charity and I are doing the best we have ever had it.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...