About Me

My photo

I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008.  I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969.  I have four grown children.   Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio

Study the Word and Preach the Word

Study the Word from Philippians and First Thessalonians
I was at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church, yesterday, and last night I was studying for the message on Sunday Morning, from Philippians. Usually I teach from First Thessalonians but this week from Philippians. There is great joy in study of the Word. A cup of coffee, good books, a great Bible, John MacArthur, a good pen and paper, and thinking, and grace from the Lord, goes a long way in preparation of a message. Just love this.

The message below is from February 15, 2009 part one. From I Thessalonians

What Is The Truth Paul Speaks Of from charles e. whisnan t on Vimeo.