I am sitting in my library today
- The Lord has allowed us to be in this church for a year. The Lord has allowed us to preach and teach, sometimes four times a week. The Lord has brought to our church some great people. Bill and Mary Bower, who now is our asso. pastor and they are just a blessing. Pauline Lesmaster and her son Richard, Pauline teaching with Frankie the teens, and sings special and is in the choir. Richard takes up the offering and sings in the choir. John and Peggy Hall, Peggy is now my "pastor's secretary." Then Kindra Tumbleson joins us with her daugher Amber and Gavin. And Bob Temple has joined us, he now is our asso. pastor as well, and is our worship leader.
- To have four preachers in your church is "wild" plus four.
- To see the church support Charity and I for this whole year is "wild." I keep saying that.
- To lead the church into Eldership leadership is "wild."
- To see a great choir, in which the numbers are bigger than those who sit in the auditorium is really wild.
- To see those who started out with us in July 2008, Bill & Linda Aldridge, Jimmy & Lois Grant, Johnny & Phylis Edwards, Dorothy Fields, Bill & Janet Ramey, Leona Arthur, Danny & Frankie Dawkins, Stephanie Oppy, Mandy and Brandon have stayed with us.
- We have 99 percent of our folks listed above come in all four services during the week. That is wild. We have some who come when they are able like Rosie, she is a special friend. Others come on special occassion, and we have a few children who come.
- Of course we have had several families leave, that is always true in any change of leadership. Some of the old members came back to see what we were about, and they chose to leave.
- The transition of leaderhip was very smooth. We have thrown the bricks at the membership and they have responded with grace and patience.