DO NOT PLAN TRIPS TO Argentina
My favorite after sermon comment is the young guy who came up to me three times and said 'That's the worst sermon I ever heard.' Eventually, one of the elders realized he was bothering me but hadn't heard the young man; so the elder put his hand on my shoulder and said 'don't worry about him. He's a bit simple and has a tendency to repeat what he hears others saying...'
1. We Christian men need to be diligent with guarding our hearts
2. Ladies, do not underestimate the power of sex in marriage and how important it is to your husband.
3. Realize our sinful actions also impact others.
4. Marvel at how sin can make the most sober-minded, intelligent person to act stupidly.
It ought to serve as a sobering reminder of our own depravity.
Here are some lessons that I'm pondering today in the wake of this news:
1. We must acknowledge that our biggest problem is not "out there." It is "in here."
2. We must measure ourselves against the right standard.
3. We must guard ourselves in our friendships--and especially in our counselees.
4. We must seek accountability.
5. We must be sobered by how our sin affects others.
6. We must repent of putting our hope in people.
7. We must look away to Christ.