Sunday, April 20, 2008


WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO GIVE PLACE TO THE BIBLE IN THE FOUNDATIONAL ROLE IN THE CHRISTIAN LIFE?


WHAT ROLE OF THEOLOGY IN FOSTERING THE CENTRALITY OF SCRIPTURE AMONG THOSE WHO CLAIM ALLEGIANCE TO THE GOD OF THE BIBLE?
^
When I think of preaching and Biblical preaching, and theological teaching of the Word, I think of John MacArthur, Jr. Period. There are a few good preachers and teachers
and some are not known as John MacArthur.
.
You might like the emotions of a John Piper, the style of a Charles Stanley, or David Jeremiah, or even Chuck Swindoll, and I do like them all; but for the pure preaching, teaching of the Word of God, John MacArthur is the best bar none. He may not have the style that will mesmerize you with human emotions, but the teaching of the Word will.
.
AS I HAVE SAID FOR THIRTY YEARS, IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE AND PREACH AND TEACH THEOLOGICALLY, WITH OUT SHAME, IT'S JOHN MACARTHUR.
.
Of course I study the Bible for myself, I research the scripture fully as I am able with my little mind. I have always challenged the teaching of John's from the start. I have always viewed the different points of theological positions. I have never been one who just will study my belief, but I will and have read both sides of a theological issue. But at the end of the day, it's clear to me that what I believe is okay. To be sure, no preacher or teacher or theologican is 100 per cent correct in all matters of the Scriptures.
.
SECONDLY:
.
There has been no church ministry that I have found better than Grace Community Church, where John is the Senior Pastor for thirty years. If you want to know what I believe and have tried to practice as pastor/teacher you would only have to note the manual of Church ministry of Grace Community Church.
.
FOOTNOTE:
.
It's not only good to be a good preacher and teacher but also a good Shepherd. From what I have heard and read, John MacArthur has been a good Shepherd to his flock and staff of elders and ministers at Grace Community Church.
Now I have also tried to be a good Shepherd to the sheep that the Lord allowed me to minister to. Those whom the Lord allowed Charity and I to minister to over these forty years we still love. Our greatest sadness was to leave the church where we were ministering. We have been blessed to have been able to keep up with a lot of those folks that we dearly love.
*

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...