Saturday, April 26, 2008



TO WHOM IS THE CHRISTIAN BLOGGER 'ACCOUNTABLE"?
tHSI IS THE GOOD QUESTION sORRY ABOUT THAT?

Sorry about that! Webding! That was a new font!


Some might be saying, "Charles who holds you accountable for what you write?" Or I might say, "Am I accountable to anyone?" Only three people come to mind that would give me thought when I am blogging or e mailing that would give me concern, generally. My wife, Charity, and John MacArthur, Jr. and the Lord. Of course, my kids would have some influence.


When I blog about our personal life, personal history in ministry, it's my view, how I personally saw the events, which was the orginial intent of this blog to begin with. I wrote with an honest pen as to how I viewed the ministry over the last thirty five years.


At first I was not conscious that the public was going to read what I had written. I wasn't aware of the power of the Internet worldwide. I was not writting to change opinions of anyone. At first I was not even aware that I had any influence to cause anyone to think.


After several months and reading other Bloggers, I began to realize that there are some people who will read what you write. Think of that! So should I write with the public in mind?


In this respect I should keep the public in mind: How it is written. That means I should allow Charity to proofread the article first. For correct content, and spelling, and grammer, etc. This gives Charity a headache (not really) . She always keeps in mind those who might read the article. While I do not necessarily give a lot of attention to how others will react.


I have had a few critics, really, I have. Generally when the topic is doctrine, or church ministry, or pastors, or elders. Some will say, the articles are too long, or my words are too big to understand. Some will say, the topics are too close to the truth, about what I am writting. Someone might read what you are saying and believe you. Believe me they are correct in many cases.


Today I do write with friends in mind, I do write with those who read this blog.


The only advisory panel I have as I said, is my wife, family, and John MacArthur. (not personally of course, but by his books). But I do have now in view that the public can find this GROW BY LEARNING. blog and that they can also find GROW BY LEARNING.COM by a click of the mouse. Or Google. That is really scary.


Of course I welcome comments, or emails. I acknowledge that everything I write will be read by all sorts of people, and that is very sobering as well. Think about this, everything I write about doctrine, the Bible, church ministry, theology, will be read by people smarter than I, and they will be more educated than I. People will see theology, ministry from a point of view that I haven't seen. Some will get angered by what I say, some will be agreeable. Some will even misunderstand what I am saying. Think of that!


BUT WHAT IS THE FINAL COURT OF APPEAL? (as Dan Phillips puts this) The public! My wife, John MacArthur, Eric and Leslie, Chad, Kyle, Becky? My good friends, pastors, elders! Maybe DeWayne Prosser!


When the final opinion is made, on that day of judgment, 2 Corinthians 5:10 and Hebrews 4:13, the LORD will have the final judgment on what I have said, and it's not going to be by a majority vote. Leviticus 9:14 "You shall not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block before the blind, but you shall FEAR YOUR GOD; I AM THE LORD." Leviticus 25:17 "You shall not wrong one another, but you shall fear your GOD, FOR I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD."


As Dan pointed : Ecclesiastes 8:2-4

  • I say, Keep the king's command, because of God's oath to him. Be not hasty to go from his presence. Do not take your stand in an evil cause, for he does whatever he pleases. For the word of the king is supreme, and who may say to him, "What are you doing?"
  • Ultimately, as I have heard John MacArthur, Jr, say, if the fear of God is insufficient motivation, then we have a problem, not soluble by committee. Bill Gothard has said about the "fear of the Lord": it's the motivation that should cause all of us to think.

I note that I make mistakes, it really is both humbling and a responsibility to be a Christian Blogger, and it would be wise to listen to wise criticism without being its slave. I trust that I will be scholarly enough not to misktake either my critics' judgment, nor my own, for God's.

^

Approved by my proofreader....... she is back from the bakery. Updated at 8:43 p.m.



Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...