- 9Love must be completely sincere. Let love be genuine. Let Love be without hypocrisy.
- Hate what is evil. Abhor what is evil
- Hold on to what is good. Cling to what is good
- 10Love one another warmly as Christians, Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love,
- Be eager to show respect for one another. in honor giving preference to one another
- 11Work hard and do not be lazy. not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit,;
- Serve the Lord with a heart full of devotion. Serving the Lord fervent in spirit
- 12Let your hope keep you joyful, rejoicing in hope,
- Be patient in your troubles, and patient in tribulation
- Pray at all times. Continuing steadfastly in prayer
- 13Share your belongings with your needy fellow Christians, distributing to the needs of the saints
- And open your homes to strangers. given to hospitality
- 14 Ask God to bless those who persecute you—yes, ask him to bless, not to curse. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
- 15 Be happy with those who are happy, weep with those who weep. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep
- 16 Have the same concern for everyone. Be of the same mind toward one another.
- Do not be proud, but accept humble duties. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble.
- Do not think of yourselves as wise. Do not be wise in your own opinion
- 17If someone has done you wrong, do not repay him with a wrong. Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
- Try to do what everyone considers to be good. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
- 18Do everything possible on your part to live in peace with everybody. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men
- 19 Never take revenge, my friends, but instead let God's anger do it. For the scripture says, “I will take revenge, I will pay back, says the Lord.” Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord
- 20 Instead, as the scripture says: “If your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them a drink; for by doing this you will make them burn with shame.” Therefore“If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink;For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
- 21Do not let evil defeat you; instead, conquer evil with good. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Charles E Whisnant
I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008. I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969. I have four grown children. Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio