Thursday, January 09, 2014

The Consequences of Non-Expositional Preaching, Part 1 (Selected Scriptu...



                     


        FIRST NEGATIVE TRAGIC CONSEQUENCE"
                     THE FAILURE TO DO EXPOSITION OF PREACHING IS
                                                             NUMBER #1


YOU USURP THE AUTHORITY OF GOD OVER THE MIND AND SOUL IF YOU FALL TO EXPLAIN THE WORD OF GOD

You usurp the authority of God over the mind and soul if you fall to explain the word of God you have replaced the authority of God with whatever else you're doing. It really is a question of authority.

Listen to preachers, do you here the authority of God in what they say? Do you hear the divine voice. It is a question of authority. Who has a right to speak for God? Only God.


Who has the right to define the Gospel, who has the right to address the church? Only God.
Here is where exposition preaching finds its foundation in divine authority.

I want God to speak when I am preaching. (last Sunday evening in Romans 9 August 11 2013)
I want the hearer to hear from God.

Let me say, I have no authority by my position, by my education, , by my experience. I can not demand what people are to do.

I have only one category of authority and that is delegated authority given to me when I speak the Word of God. God is the dominating authority in the church.

The charismatics/ the Joel Osteen, they are speaking their own idea, it is not the voice of God.
Anything less then the exposition of a passage , anything less than a accurate presentation of scriptural truth you usurp the authority of God.

The people must hear from Him and He alone has the authority to speak to you in the church.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...