If Moses was rescued and raised by an Egyptian princess as a baby, how did he learn about the God of Abraham? Do you think he might have been raised to worship Egyptian Gods? Could the OT be a combination of the Hebrew's God and the Egyptian's Gods?
What was Moses' account of creation?
- Exodus 24:18; 34:28; 24:26; and 25:40
- Yahweh Elohiom invited Moses and his minster Joshua. The 70 elders, Aaron, Nadad and Abihu went up to the plateau to the mount Exodus 24:1-2; 24:9-11
- God appeared to these humans in a vision in the angelic or ghostly form of a man. Moses described His form as follows. "And they saw the Elohim (God) of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness (Ex. 24:10)."
When did Moses see creation?
- During this first 40 days and nights that Moses was in the mount (Ex. 24:18), He mentioned the first six days that the cloud covered the mountain
• What happened during the six days that Moses was in the mount?
• Why were they even mentioned?
• Why is there a mention of the seventh day? What does the seventh day mean?
- Moses went back up into the mount a second time and stayed 40 days and nights. The creation was shown to him again which he wrote in the second chapter of Genesis
(1)Genesis 2:7 (2) 2:8-17) (3) 2:21-25
What do the six days symbolize>
What does the 1st day of creation mean?
- Exodus 10:21-23, John 8:12; 9:5; Acts 9;15;
What do the 3rd , 4th , and 6th days of creation symbolize?
- 1 Corinthians 15:20; 2 Peter 3:8
Finally, on the 6th day of Moses’ vision the man Adam was created along with the beasts of the field, which completes the creative process of creation.
These six days were used as a part of the millennium theory; 6 days = 6000 years, since 1 day = 1000 years. Many of the earliest Apostles believed that the creation would only exist 6,000 years.
How does Yahweh create the physical universe?
It is hoped that the reader understands the Genesis’ account of creation was a vision showed to Moses atop mount Sinai after Israel came out of the land of Egypt 1490 years before the Messiah's birth. Moses did not see the actual creation, which had already taken place in the realm of eternity before time began.
Also Genesis was written to convey spiritual principles about Yahweh Elohim and His purpose; it was not a written scientific explanation of creation. Not only does Genesis not mention dinosaurs, neither does it mention the seven continents or the American Indians. The people of this era did not have this understanding.
Now the principle that Genesis reveals is creation moving from a dark and chaotic state to a state of light and order. In fact this is the pattern of all things. Now the Messiah brings us out of spiritual chaos and darkness into an illuminated understanding about our creator. Hence, we are the new creature or the Genesis in this creation awaiting the next new heaven and Earth State that is to come (Rev. 21:1-5).
Everything that Jesus does is on schedule. Sovereign schedule: 1 Timothy 2:6