Tuesday, September 06, 2011

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ATTEND RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH?



WHY WOULD PEOPLE WANT TO COME TO RIVERS OF JOY BAPTIST CHURCH ANYWAY? 

I believe we at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio have a rather good church. Really I believe that.  If you were to walk into our church building, I believe you would like our place of worship. 

I am sitting in the foyer of Thomas Road Baptist Church
Now we don't have Starbuck in the foyer for your coffee, but we do have a kitchen area where you can get a good cup of coffee. And we do provide a little snack on Sunday.


Okay we are on a street that dead ends, and only one family on that street will come to our church..  You would have to really look to find our church I know. It is on Shady Lane street in Minford, Ohio off 139.  I know.

Now why would someone want to come to Rivers of Joy Baptist Church anyway?  I wonder why people who are members of our church don't want to come to our church!   I am a little surprise at times why people leave our church from time to time. People have all kinds of reasons why they don't like a certain church, and they are always looking for that perfect church for them. 

I know people will say,  "Well you church doesn't have a good program for children, or teens, etc." So we want to go to a church that does.  And in a sense I don't fault them for wanting to find a good church with a good youth and children program.    





Well you ask what does Rivers of Joy Baptist Church offer?  I don't apologize for our church.  I can say we have a good simple music program.  We don't have a praise band or praise team.  We do have some good music/  Bill Bower does a good job leading our singing. And we do have Johnny Edwards singing special music,  He is signing and playing somewhere each night of the week in the area.



 
And I will admit that as the pastor/teacher I try to present the  word of God in each service.  Teaching the word is our priority.  Bill Bower preaches the Word and Johnny Edwards also preaches the Word.


I am sure we don't meet the expectation of everyone who walks into our church.  People visit our church thinking they will find the kind of church that will fit their personality and belief.  They are looking for a church that they can like.

i am told that people make a decision about the church in about 10 minutes when they pull into the parking lot.  They are looking for certain elements of the church that they like and they make up their mind very fast. 

 
Five Steps To Know If The Preaching Is Good

 Sometimes I don't think people understand what kind of church they should attend.  They are looking for something that makes them happy, and they want to experience worship in a feel good way.

There are a number of good churches in our area and I am very thankful for that.  There are a number of good preachers preaching the Word in our area.  

Well, we are trying to provide a place of worship where the Word of God is taught in truth and love each week.  We hope we have a church fellowship that loves the Lord.









Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...