Friday, September 23, 2011

When You Say "I Just Don Not Understand The Scripture?"


KEEP ON LISTENING EVEN WHEN YOU THINK YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO

·       I do not know what you mean by what you are teaching? Pastor Charles, they will say.  I know when I was in Seminary in Dr. George Norris class, I was listening to the lectures on the subject of Theology, I realized after hearing him speak not only did I feel I knew nothing of what he was speaking, but I felt I would never be able to understand a think we was saying.

·       But I am glad I keep on listening to him for the rest of the year and the next year.·    

I can tell you if you keep on listening, and keep on listening, you will begin to find that more than yo had even realized is sinking and seeping in, and you will wake up one of these day and say,. “I got it, I see what it is about, I am beginning to  understand.” 


 ·       If you are not there yet, KEEP ON LISTENING.


·       Do not impatient with yourself when you are studying a difficult passage in Scripture, keep on, hold on, reading or listening and suddenly you will find yourself not only do you know much more than you thought you knew, but you will be able to follow and to understand.


REMEMBER THIS, DON’T LET THE DEVIL SAY TO YOU, “You are not a theologian.”  Say, “I am in this Christian family, and I intend to listen and to read until I do understand it.  If you do that you will not only defeat th4e enemy, but you will soon find that you have an understand. 


And that is exactly what happen in Theology 101, 201, 301,and 401 and 501. 

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...