Friday, March 18, 2011

Sermon Preparation




TODAY MARCH 17TH 2011. 5:40 p.m..
Took Charity to work this morning by 9 a.m. She has a great job. Of course as an owner she is not docked when she comes end either. By 9 a.m. I have been up four hours too.

I don't know why preachers don't get together more often then they do. I had a good visit with Paul Gibson at Wal Mart of all places. We really should do this more often.

I have tried to work on Romans today. I preached this series back in 1983 would you believe so I do have a manuscript from the work I did then. But its been good to refresh my understanding on the subject.

LEARNING HOW TO PREPARE A SERMON

I am like John MacArthur, I rarely ever follow what I have learned about preaching. An Introduction, A Body and a Conclusion. (I know) I like to get to the chase. The verses is what is important. But too often spend too much time on the introducton.

While I was looking at Google Reader I came across Colin Adams page: "Preacher's Peril - Seeking Approval.
  • "The greatest peril for a preacher is wanting the acceptance and approval of his listeners.This is a serious thing that we have been called to and we will regularly have to say things that our culture thinks is foolish and the religious offensive" (Matt Chandler)
While on the site there was a post about 'SERMON PREPARATION, EIGHT STEPS TO PREPARING A SERMON." I thought I might drop over there, since I have been preaching 45 years I might need some help. (I really do).

Then I had to download the material. 40 pages on great notes. I really should read the material.




Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...