Saturday, March 05, 2011

SERMON PREPARATION THE EARLY YEARS AND YOUTH CLASS

Sermon Preparation Early Years 1962-1966

click for another article on this subject.

 The early years of teaching the Bible. I started reading the Bible in 1960.  I started teaching the Teenagers and Young Adults at RBC in 1962 and the first series of lessons were from Psalms and the notes above are from that series.  I believed I used some of Spurgeon's notes from the Treasure of David that my Dad had in his library.

Those early years we studied the Bible all week.  We had some kind of activity with the teens almost every day during the week and then on Sunday and Sunday Night, and I also had a radio program. 30 minutes live each Sunday afternoon.

Al Myers remembers the classes we had, and we would later travel to different churches to preach at Youth Rallies.  I remember those days very well.  I talked to Al and Barbara Myers this week from their home in New Jersey.  What a joy that was to talk to them, and how they are very active in their church mnistries. 

Sandra Richardson who was my girlfriend for three years I learned this last week at died in her home in Virginia, she was 63, she was the same age as I was.  She was a part of our group in RBC all those years. What a great time we had at church, youth camp and in our home and on the softball field in the summer.

 Well my whole hearts desire in those days was to get into the Word and try to study the Word.  Dad would take us to a WBF Fellowship Preachers meeting each month.  Those days there were no less than 10 preachers that preached over two days.  And I would take notes from each of them.

                                      Al and Barbara Myers today

                                ROANOKE BAPTIST TEMPLE AS I WAS THERE IN 2010
                          Gary Correl when he an his wfe were at my MOM funeral in July 2010

                       Wayne Sanders when he was at my MOM's funeral in 2010

 

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...