Thursday, March 03, 2011

SAMSON'S EMPTY HANDS: FIRST SERMON I PREACHED


One of the first sermons I preached was "Samson's Empty Hands." In my old Scofield Bible that I had back in high school I have the notes that I used.  Goodness.  I must have preached that sermon a few dozen times.

I don't know if it was back in 1964 in Roanoke Baptist Temple that I first preached it.  But I preached it in a lot of places.

Al Myers and Don and myself would go places to preach in youth meetings in those days. We had a great time.  I only wised we had photos of those days. But I don't have any photos of those times in Roanoke, Virginia.

Talked to Al and Barbara  Myers March 01 over the phone, and they are doing so good as a family and as servants of Christ in their local church. What a blessing to learn of their faithfulness to the Lord.  

 

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...