Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What Is On My Mind Today.

WHAT IS ON MY MIND THIS MORNING.



I thought I would just write what was on my mind today. Its Wednesday and I got up early this morning, around 4 a.m. After about 6 hours of sleep I am more than ready to get up. As you know I am not a writer in a professional sense. But I do like to attempt to write.

Most of what I do consist of teaching the Word of God. I teach four times a week at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church, in Minford, Ohio. And I put down on paper, generally now I type what I am going to preach or teach;..

When I started preaching I wrote out my message. The three plus years I was a Madison Baptist I had written notes. The sixteen years at First Baptist Church in Altoona, Kansas I hand printed my sermon manuscript. I found out that hand printing was slow and often my thought were faster than I could print. Nevertheless I took the time to print the sermons out by hand.

I have always loved writing down what I was learning. If I was reading a book, I loved taking notes of what I was reading. I love to take notes when I and listen to a message. I love taking notes when I am in a conference. When I went to the Basic Youth Conflict Bill Gothard Seminar's I would take notes and when I get home I would rewrite them. As I remembered what I heard I would write them down. I have many pages of notes from those years of going to the All Day Minister's Seminars.

I took notes when I was in college. I still have those notes. I think I just love to print words. I would take notes and in the future I would use them in a lesson that I would teach.


Then came the invention of the typewriter. That was great. Of course I took typing in High School, and I did type out my lesson notes in Seminary. In those days you didn't get a syllabus from the teacher.But I still like to print by hand.

Of course today, we have the computer, and the typewriter is gone. Now its the keyboard that I am type now on.

So here we are this morning typing away what is in my head, well in my thoughts.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...