Charles E Whisnant
I am the Pastor/Teacher of Rivers of Joy Baptist Church in Minford, Ohio since August 2008. I am married to Charity since June 14, 1969. I have four grown children. Having served in the local church for over forty years as Pastor/Teacher, Asso., Youth Pastor, Minister of Education, Building Upkeep, Camp Director, Sunday School Teacher, etc. Also I have worked in the public place for as many years as I have preached. Charity and her sister are co owner of Union Mills Conf. (Bakery) in West Portsmouth Ohio
The Promise Within The Curse of Satan 5 and 6
This verse is an astounding statement that has some wonderful truths that I hope to open up to you tonight.
While those in the Old Testament times didn’t understand completely what was meant in this verse, we who now have the full revelation of scripture understand the meaning of this verse.
In Genesis 3:15 theologians have seen here the first glimmer of the gospel.
Within the curse of Satan, God cannot restrain Himself from placing in that curse the essence of His grace.
WHY DID SATAN THINK HE MIGHT BE SUCCESSFUL WITH ADAM AND EVE AS HE WAS WITH THE ANGELS?
• Perhaps part of the explanation is that pride, the worst and most evil of all sins, has blinded Satan to reality. Two Old Testament passages (Isaiah 14:12-15) and Ezekiel 28:11-19) furnish a picture of Satan's original position and the reasons for his loss of that position. They tell of an exalted angelic being, one of God's creatures, who became too proud and ambitious. He determined to take the throne of God for himself. But God removed him from his position of great dignity and honor. As a result of his original status and authority, Satan had great power and dignity. So great is his strength that Michael the archangel viewed him as a foe too powerful to oppose (Jude 9)
THE CURSE IN GENESIS 3:15 PUT THE REVERSE IMMEDIATELY OF WHAT SATAN MUST HAVE ANTICIPATED.
• I’m going to make you the enemy of the woman.
• You are not going to have your way with that woman.
• You’re not going to have your way.
• She’s not going to be the friend of Satan and the enemy of God.
• I’m going to change that.
• And in “the woman,” He is also encompassing the man as well.
“I am going to put (the) enmity between you and the woman.”
• That is a promise that the woman, who has become the enemy of God and the friend of Satan, is going to turn and become the enemy of Satan and the friend of God.
• This is the first spark of the gospel. The first indication of Salvation