Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Prayer for Tiger Woods and Family


I like the New York Yankees because the win. 27 and counting.
I like the Dallas Cowboys because the win, (except in December)
I like Tiger Woods because he wins over 85 world wide.

When I say I like these teams and persons, I like them for their game, not their personal lives.

Over the years I have tried to follow those who give a testimony that they have been born again. There are a few over the years. But at the same time, if you follow sports, there are few who are really Believers.

I buy products for the collection sake, like NASCAR. I certainly do not believe they are Christian products.

When I follow a person, its for their sports ability not their personal lives.

As a matter of fact, in following some Christians preachers, I find myself disappointed. But there are some who I follow because of their preaching and teaching of the Word.

Now back to Tiger Woods. Here is what I hope we all learn.
  1. If you're never been to Sin City, its wise to do a little bit of research before you go.
  2. Do not go to Argentina. "I spent the last five days of my life crying in Argentina," SC governor said.
HERE IS WHAT I PRAY FOR FOR TIGER AND HIS FAMILY."

  • I don't know anything personally about their spiritual condition, but I'm praying that this event will provide the opportunity for this young couple to experience God's amazing grace. I'm praying that God will place someone in their path who can share with them the only One with the power to forgive sin and grant a brand new start. I'm committed to pray that:
- their marriage will survive. God hates divorce.

-- the children will be protected from the media circus that surrounds this couple.

-- Tiger will become a better man as he goes through this process.

Over the years, I've watched as Tiger has transformed his swing and emerged a better golfer. In this instance, he won't be able to bring the needed transformation simply by the exertion of will power. However, God is able to transform man completely and to bring good out of terrible tragedy.

And the only way one can become a better person, is to have the righteousness of God given you you by God's grace alone.

Wouldn't it be great if God would bring salvation into the life of Tiger and his family.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...