Thursday, September 17, 2009

Communicating The Message For Spiritual Growth



I am always trying to find ways to communicate with our church membership and friends. I am trying to learn how to use the social networking and web sites and the resources on the Internet to communicate.

Of course when you have an older group of people, they don't have the Internet. Some have the Internet but do not have DSL. We are living in a new fast communication age aren't we. Some have a computer but do not know how to use it. Some have an email but do not use it. Some will sign up for Facebook, etc, and never use it. Some of course don't have the time, nor believe all this is necessary. Come just have to be encouraged to try a new ways of communicating. And you also have to find different ways to commuicate too.

Each week I give out an outline, a full two to four page paper (more than an outline) of the message or lesson that I am going to speak on. And I encourage them to keep them in a three ring notebook binder.

I am learning ways to take those outlines and papers and post them on the website. Some churches have their website to do all this. The website will have a video of the message, and outlines of the messages. And that is great. Maybe the best way of doing all this communicating.

The main purpose is to strengthen Believers in the Lord and building them up in Christ.
As look at many other websites I get all these ideas and then I start trying them out. That is why I have a few Bloggers and Websites and Soical Networking, and use a number of other forms to communicating.

It has been interesting how I can take one of our outlines and in several ways put them on our websites. I am sure its an over kill, but I am trying to learn the best way to use this material.

So while I am primarly trying to reach our church membership and commuicate, I also like to keep in touch with our friends.


Of course we can't compete with David Jeremiah, and Charles Stanley, and Church Swindoll, and John MacArthur, and John Piper and a dozen other good ministry. And I love to get their material and read myself. I would highly say they are some of the best material. I love watching them and listen to their messages and watch there services.


But at the same time, we do have our church live each week. There is no live feed from one of these churches. John Piper has three campus churches where his message is feed live to these campus each week. One church has over 100 locations where the message is feed live to a location each week. I guess we could put up a TV HD set in the church and watch one of these men.

But at the same time, those in our church need us to do our best too. The personal touch of ministry.




Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...