Saturday, April 18, 2009

Post Number #999 On Blogger



Today number #999... hard to believe since August 2006 I have posted 999 times. What I started out to do was to write a journal about our life in ministry and events with our family. Wild, its have been a great ride. I would have never thought I would have that much to say. Really!


Back in August 2006 I was not sure where the next ministry was going to lead us. Ten years had past since I resigned from FBC in Altoona, Kansas. From Kansas we moved to Lexington Kentucky for five years. Charity was one of the secretaries in Ashland Ave Baptist Church for five years. While I wondered around from job to job, I must have had ten different jobs. What I really moved to Lexington to do, never did work out. While I did work for a while at Ashland Ave for a season, and also for Southern Acres Christian Church for several seasons (school years) and finally ended up teaching an Adult Class at Ashland.

I attempted to pastor a Southern Baptist Church, a failed attempted I must say. Then again I attempted to pastor another SBC, (I don't learn very well), while I loved the opportunity that I had for about six months, again a failed attempted. Both churches had a history of short run pastors and many divisions.

Finally moved to Portsmouth Ohio in March 2002. Another attempt working with a Independent Baptist pastor as an asso. While I would say the church had a rebound, and new life put back into the Sunday School, the pastor was not all that happy with our ministry and asked us to leave. In six months the pastor left the church after 25 years.

So we thought, okay how about a non Baptist church. Interesting. For the next four years November 2004 - January 2008 we attended a church that was a mixed brand of belief. While thinking we would be asked to serve in the church, and were in view of a position for the whole time we were there, they seemed to think we would not fit in very well. Think of that. Finally at the end of the run, we were given a postion, only after a month have it taking away. We finally left. And then the pastor and asso. left shortly thereafter.

Now we come to June 2008. Who would have ever believed that the Lord might not be finished with us yet. I had almost come to the belief that time had run out on ministry. And in the most unlikely time, place and season, the Lord seemed to say, okay Charles, let see if you can handle this assignment.

My father in law was responsible in getting me to preach at Rivers of Joy Baptist Church. Of course I was delighted, shocked, amazed, and pleased, and thrilled. The church was graciously in allowing me to preach for a few weeks, to get used to me, and they were in need of someone to preach. My father in law gave the people the assurance that he didn't want to pastor the church and that he believed I could do a good job for them.

So the church members invited me to pastor the church. I must say I am totally surprise. But what is more amazing I love every week at the church. I might be sixty one now, but I have loved every minute of the experience. The church members have been so great to Charity and I, (of course they love Charity) and they are getting to like me a little.

Its with a passion that I have entered into this ministry. There has been a lot of work and effort to get to this point. And of course there has been a few who have not like our position, and have moved on (those who had left before we came). Those who were there when I came have been so great to work with us in this new ministry.

We have just begun, I believe, we are praying that the Lord really is going to use us and the members of ROJBC to serve Him. The only way any ministry is going to be good, is that the Lord enters in and takes over.


Amen.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...