Tuesday, April 28, 2009

BE OF GOOD COURAGE IN MINISTRY


BE OF GOOD COURAGE PART ONE from charles e. whisnan t on Vimeo.

For the first time in my long preaching/teaching, I record my message from a small Kodek, which does a great job by the way. And at present I can only upload 1G at a time, that is about 22 minutes in length.

I must confess, I have a hard time when I am preaching to stay focus in my mind. My mind plays all kinds of tricks with me. I keep thinking while I am preaching. Now that should be good, if my thinking is about the sermon content, or the Holy Spirit giving me a sense of understanding about what I am speaking on.

While you are teaching, a number of events are happening in the crowd before you. Youth are talking, someone will get up and go out, others will fall asleep, others look fun, others are wonderfuing what in the world is the Pastor talking about. You know a number of things.

While I have always recorded my message, well since Madison in 1971. I have only one video of me preaching.

I am thinking while I am preaching, is this too long, is this too short. Am I getting the point across, what are they thinking. Boy at times you can get really a bad feeling about your delivery of the message.

Then after the service, I would sometimes just rather go to the office and hid. But that wouldn't be nice.

Usually the folks are nice, and as they are shaking hands they will say, "Good message, pastor." Some will mention the reason they like the message. Some will say, the message was a blessing to them. Some will correct a comment I made. Generally the response is better than I think I should have gotten.

Then after the service on the way home, I ask Charity, "How did I do." That is always a loaded question. She is always honest.

Then I will come home and listen and watch myself preach the message. Of course from a objective perspective. Did I get the content of the passage across? Did I stay the course of the passage? Did I bring home the purpose of the writer? Was the delivery okay? How was I?

Boy! Will they come back next Sunday? You know? Do I really want to put this on the Blogger?

Okay, I am a little hard on myself. I love to preach and teach. I love to present the Word of God. I love to teach the truth. I love to bring truth of the Word into the lives of those who listen to the message each Sunday.

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...