Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Pyromaniacs: Question for discussion: Christ came to destroy the works of the devil, sooo....

Now I was over at Teampyro reading Dan's thread, and I was going to make a comment, and I didn't realize "Link to the post" was going to bring my comment to my blog. How about that? Nevertheless here is my comment.

What was Christ going to destroy in I John 3:8? What were the works that the devil had that Christ was going to destroy? Christ came to destroy the works of the devil! Why would He want to do that? This verse also says ""for the purpose the Son of God was manifested." What does this have do to with Christ coming to destroy the works of the devil?

Will this is going to take another threat since, I am on another subject. So here is a brief point and then I will get back to this point later.



"He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."
I John 3:8 (4-11)

There will be a day Christ will destroy the devil himself, but He came primarily to destroy the devil's works. What are the works of the devil? Sin of every kind. Since Christ died on the cross to destroy sin, righteousness has replaced sin in the life of a believer.

Since Christ came to dismiss sin, unite us with Himself in His righteousness, and release the works of the devil, for a believer to regularly practice sin would render the entire work of Christ null and void. The Christian cannot frequently sin because it is incompatible with the law of God and the work of Christ.

The term "practice sin" and "frequently sin" would is the point of thought.

Charles

Featured Post

Did Jesus Die For All Men

Did Christ Die for all Men or Only His elect?   The following is a written response to a brother with the following question about l...