THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS
I PETER 1:19
Exodus 12:5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male a year old: ye shall take it from the sheep, or from the goats:
- Leviticus 4:32 And if he bring a lamb as his oblation for a sin-offering, he shall bring it a female without blemish.
as of a lamb without spot and blemish; Christ is comparable to any lamb, for the innocence of his nature, the meekness of his disposition and deportment, and for his patience under sufferings and in death; and to the lambs of the daily sacrifice, which were typical of the continual and constant virtue and efficacy of his sacrifice to take away sin; and particularly to the paschal lamb, he being the true passover sacrificed for us; and which, as also the lambs of the daily sacrifice, and all others, were to be without spot and blemish: and in which they prefigured Christ, who is without the stain of original, and the spot and blemish of actual sin; and so was a very fit person to be a sacrifice for sin, and a Redeemer of his people.
- Isaiah 53:7 He was oppressed, yet when he was afflicted he opened not his mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth.
- John 1:29 On the morrow he seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world!
- John 1:36 and he looked upon Jesus as he walked, and saith, Behold, the Lamb of God!
- Acts 8:32 Now the passage of the Scripture which he was reading was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; And as a lamb before his shearer is dumb, So he openeth not is mouth:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: His generation who shall declare? For his life is taken from the earth.:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other?
1 Corinthians 5:7 Purge out the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, even as ye are unleavened. For our passover also hath been sacrificed, even Christ:
- Ps 49:6 They that trust in their wealth, And boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; 7 None [of them] can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him; 8 (For the redemption of their life is costly, And it faileth for ever;) Ps 49:9 That he should still live away, That he should not see corruption.
- Psalms 72:14 He will redeem their soul from oppression and violence; And precious will their blood be in his sight:
- Nu 6:14 and he shall offer his oblation unto Jehovah, one he-lamb a year old without blemish for a burnt-offering, and one ewe-lamb a year old without blemish for a sin-offering, and one ram without blemish for peace-offerings,
Lev 22:17-25 21 And whosoever offereth a sacrifice of peace-offerings unto Jehovah to accomplish a vow, or for a freewill-offering, of the herd or of the flock, it shall be perfect to be accepted; there shall be no blemish therein.
BLEMISH <299> meaning:
rom 1 (as a negative particle) and 3470; TDNT-4:830,619; adj
AV-without rebuke 2, without blame 1, unblameable 1, without spot 1, faultless 1, without fault 1; 7
1) without blemish
1a) as a sacrifice without spot or blemish
2) morally: without blemish, faultless, unblameable
Hebrews 9:14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish unto God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
- Song of Solomon 4:7 Thou art all fair, my love; And there is no spot in thee.
- Ephesians 5:27 that he might present the church to himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.